Tuesday, February 01, 2005

I never make my bed up. To me, it just doesn't make sense. I mean, I get out of bed in the morning and then at night I have to get back in it. Why should I take the extra time necessary to straighten out the blankets and fluff the pillows, and then take even more time to undo all the hard work I did that morning. Nobody sees my bedroom. Sprocket does sleep on the bed, but he likes it better unmade.

And now I have scientific evidence to give me yet another reason not to make the bed. It turns out that dust mites don't like unmade beds! Seriously. They prefer being under the dark, warm covers. If you don't make the bed and the little mites are left out in the air, they could very well dry up and die. Don't believe me? Here's the full story: http://www.wral.com/health/4150408/detail.html

No comments: