Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday night

Tonight I'm hanging out with my two favorite guys- Fiance and Sprocket. Fiance is playing around with his new cell phone (we got a cell phone plan together today- big step!) and Sprocket is lying on the floor looking at us with a bored expression on his face. Tomorrow we've got a busy day ahead of us- we get to help post flyers for the upcoming Membership Night the Jaycees are having, and I need to clean up around the house, too. So much to do, so little time!

Sorry I haven't written much lately. There's a lot on my plate right now. We're still trying to do wedding planning stuff, and I had a job interview a few weeks ago so I'm waiting to see if anything's going to happen with that. I surely hope so, because things are not great where I am now. You definitely know when you've been at a place too long.

Tonight I sprayed some air freshener in the house (because the feline among us is very stinky sometimes) and it completely reminded of my old apartment in Buies Creek. It's the same scent as some old plug-ins I used to use. Isn't it amazing how a scent like that can totally take you back? I swear I felt five years younger, and I had total flashbacks to my old place. As much as I like where I am now, there's something I miss about my old apartment. Probably the peace and quiet and relative tranquility of the area. But it was also incredibly lonely and depressing, so I think I'm in a better place. It was nice to go back, though, if only for a brief moment of nostalgia. It's a place better left in the past, but if we can't remember where we came from, I guess we can't appreciate where we are.

No comments: