Life has been incredibly busy of late, and I've meant to post a few times but just haven't had the chance. I've thought a lot about my blog and the many things I'd like to write here, and I don't think I want to abandon it, so I'm going to try to be a little better about posting.
I currently find myself held hostage on the couch by the sleeping cat that is using my leg as a pillow. This happens so infrequently (he is not a lap cat by nature) that I better enjoy it while I can. So the dishes will have to wait while I enjoy the warmth of the kitty and type away at my keyboard.
Just to get me back into things, I guess I will just do a hodgepodge of random thoughts:
Husband and I had a yard sale last weekend, and it was so great! We got rid of so much stuff and made a lot more money than we expected. I can't wait to hold another one.
Harris Teeter is having triple coupons this week, and I'm having a lot of fun getting lots of stuff very inexpensively. I did have one mishap the other day though-- the cashier ripped up all of my coupons after she scanned them! Coupons have to be submitted to the manufacturer for reimbursement, so it's a big no-no. Besides that, all of the coupons hadn't scanned so they had to piece the coupons back together to determine which ones hadn't gone through. It was a very harrowing experience. It's a good thing that I'm saving so much money!
I still haven't finished writing the thank-you notes for wedding gifts. It's been a very daunting task, and even though I've tried to work on them on a steady basis, it's still taken forever. I want each one to be personal and sincere, and that takes time. I do have an incentive to finish them, though-- Husband is going to take me out to dinner at the Angus Barn when I finish!
We attended our nephew's first birthday party yesterday. He was so adorable! He didn't seem to like his cake, though. He played with it some but he made weird faces when he put it in his mouth. It seems like yesterday we were at the hospital welcoming him to the world- it's hard to believe he's already a year old!
I've already started planning for Christmas gifts. I've become very practical in my gift-giving of late, and I want to make sure we get gifts that people will actually like and use. Although I'm sure people will not enjoy receiving gifts of toilet paper and tissues as much as I do, I still want to be a little practical! That's why I need to start planning now.
This cat is still sleeping on me! I'm wondering if he's trying to butter me up for something. He never sits with me this long. My poor leg has gone to sleep, too. I guess that's what happens when you have 20 pounds of cat on you!
Anyway, I think this is enough for now. I'll be back soon with something else!
No comments:
Post a Comment