- My life has revolutionized by a nasal spray. Yep, folks, that's the most exciting thing that has happened to me in recent memory. Please don't judge. Seriously, though, I have insane allergy issues, and I spent my entire winter MISERABLE from sneezing constantly and having a runny nose that just wouldn't quit. To function at any level, I had to take Benadryl at night and Claritin during the day. Then my ENT prescribed a steroid nasal spray and practically forced me to try it. Now my life is wonderful. I'm not longer afraid to move more than five feet away from a box of tissues. I go entire days without sneezing or blowing my nose even once. This must be what heaven feels like. Anyway, that little bottle of nasal spray that I buy every month at the pharmacy is now the most important thing in my life. It makes me happy.
- I've been going through old letters and cards lately, and have been reminded of a lot of things I had totally forgotten. Some of these things I still can't remember for the life of me. For instance, I found an old birthday card I received in college from someone named Carolyn. For the life of me, I cannot remember Carolyn. Apparently she lived in my dorm, but I can't put a face to her name, and don't even remember the name. Reading some of the letters just made me want to see the letters I had written to the people who wrote me back; the letters I have were mostly full of updates on what these people were doing at the time. But now, looking back, I'm mainly interested in what was going on for me at the time. Reading the letters I wrote would be an interesting peak into my mind, but most people probably threw them away long ago. At least I have lots of old journals full of my musings and thoughts to help me out a little bit. Mostly I think I just pined over a boy I didn't have and honestly should have never wanted and thought about the future. If I could go back, I think I would have done a lot of things differently. Maybe it's a good thing I don't have those letters I wrote- it'd probably just make me realize how crazy I was and then it'd hit me that I actually mailed those letters to other people in the world and exposed my crazy self to them.
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Random Things
I really should update this blog more often, especially since I often come up with ideas of things I want to write about but then never actually follow through. Maybe one day! Anyway, just to make myself feel better about not posting since February, here are a couple of random things from my life:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I just had to go through my e-mail address book. Who are half those people?
I have no idea! :) So does this mean we're getting old and can't remember things? Or maybe we're just choosing to filter out unnecessary things so that we can pay our utmost attention to the memories and thoughts that really matter. Yeah, that's it.
Post a Comment