But today he has chosen the pet carrier over me. I am sitting on the sofa, with a warm, cozy blanket by my side, but he would still rather sit within the confines of his pet carrier. Why, you ask? Because I took him to the vet, where they put him under anesthesia, cleaned his teeth, and removed two of them. He blames me for this, and thus wants absolutely nothing to do with me. Except when I go near his food bowl, then he suddenly cares just enough to see if I'm going to put food in his bowl. But when he realizes I am not going to feed him, he quickly ignores me again.
And to add insult to injury, twice a day I have to give him an antibiotic pill and squirt a syringe of yucky pain medicine into his mouth. He does not appreciate this, even though it is ultimately for his own good.
On a usual day, Sprocket would be snuggled up beside me on the sofa; but until he decides to forgive me it looks like I am on my own.
1 comment:
I'm so excited by your news! I couldn't find your e-mail, but I'd love to hear details.
Melissa
eek565@hotmail.com
Post a Comment