Saturday, July 23, 2005

It's been three days, and my Hotmail account still will not open. I know it's not a problem on my end, because I have tried to log on at a number of different computers, and I always get the same message. The password is correct, and the system lets me get into the Passport network, but it won't let me open any of my messages. On one page it will actually show me a list of my new messages (I can see who they're from and the subject line) but I can't open anything. It really sucks, because two messages are from friends I haven't heard from in a while, and I'd really like to know how they are and if we'll be able to get together soon to visit. It also sucks because I've had the address for more than four years and have a lot of important emails saved there, with emails about the births of friend's babies and long letters from good friends that meant a lot to me. I also have my list of email contacts saved there, a list that does not exist on paper. If I lose this account, I potentially lose all contact with a half dozen friends or so (I have a lot of the addresses memorized so those are safe). So until further notice, please don't send me emails to my redpen...... account. You can send them to sprocketandme@hotmail.com. Because that Hotmail account seems to be working just fine. Go figure. In the meantime, I am taking recommendations for other email account services.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

earthlink.net

Hope you had a good weekend!