This morning at work, the power went out. What made this especially fun was that I work in a basement office, so there are no windows anywhere. When the lights went out, ALL light went out. It reminded me of when I was in a cavern in the mountains and our tour guide turned the lamp off so we could "see" what pitch blackness looked like. Luckily, I was able to fish my cell phone out of my bag and use the light from the screen to find my way out of my office and into the hallway.
The funny thing is, just last week I was sitting in my office wondering what it would be like if the power went out. Would it be completely dark? Would I be able to find my way out? So I guess those questions are answered.
Gee, I wonder what it would be like to have a full-time job being the editor of an alumni magazine....
No comments:
Post a Comment