So next Wednesday is Valentine's Day. Some people love it, some people hate it; but most people seem to feel strongly about it one way or another. Back when I was single, I sometimes got bitter around Valentine's Day. I remember one year in high school my friend Tara and I decided to wear black on the big day. For some reason I think she went through with it, but I didn't. I couldn't help it: the hearts and flowers and balloons got to me.
For you see, despite my years of bitterness and sadness, Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday. When I walk into Target and see the red and pink hearts and valentines and stuffed animals, I get all warm and fuzzy inside. I can't explain it really - the stuff just gets to me. Last night I went through my valentine box (I have an assortment of Hello Kitty valentines, Care Bears valentines, even Cat in the Hat and Grinch valentines) and my stickers. I got all excited and happy just looking at the stuff.
So I am eagerly awaiting next Wednesday, when I will have the chance to introduce Boyfriend to all the wonderfulness that is Valentine's Day with Solla Sollew (I'm not quite sure he shares the same level of enthusiasm for the holiday yet- but he will). In the meantime, I'm going to send valentines to my friends and maybe even bake some heart-shaped valentine cookies.
No comments:
Post a Comment