Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I keep meaning to write, but I've been experiencing a case of writer's block lately, at least in regard to my blog. There's just nothing really exciting going on, and I haven't had any great topic ideas, so instead I've just kind of avoided the blog. I don't really want to do that, because I know some of my friends read this and it's nice to give people something to read (I get upset when the blogs I read don't get updated daily, so I can totally empathize). So anyway, as an exercise in writing, I'll just write about the mundane things going on in my life. I will preface it by saying that it is not guaranteed to be interesting.

Work is going okay. I am not a fan of the 9 to 5 world, so that makes having a job like that a little unfun. I can't wait until 5 p.m. rolls around, and then it just makes me feel like I'm wishing my entire life away. But today we are having food brought in for lunch, so at least an hour of my day will be bearable. It's not that I hate what I do; it's just not fun. But I have a deadline coming up in a few weeks, so I should have a more interesting time ahead. The only really exciting time is when a deadline is imminent. I blame my past as a newspaper reporter for that.

Sprocket is as fun as ever. Last night he curled up with me in bed and slept that way most of the night. It was very nice. Having a cuddly cat makes lonely evenings at home much more bearable. And he's so very expressive and vocal. He often seems to be trying to tell me things, but our communication barrier prohibits me from understanding exactly what he's trying to say. In other words, I'm not so crazy that my cat talks to me, not in English anyway. He seems to enjoy spending his days in front of the window watching the birds and Squirreligig (our resident fat squirrel) come to our bird feeder and eat.

I spend most of my weekends with Boyfriend, and for the most part we just hang out and relax. Last Sunday we went canoeing at a local lake and I am proud to report that it was not a disaster. We had fun, and nobody got dumped into the lake. This weekend is our one-year anniversary, but I'm not sure yet what we're going to do to celebrate.

There is not much else to report. Oh, there is one thing. I joined the local chapter of the Jaycees. I've been going to meetings for a while, and it seems like something worthwhile, so I figured why not? I'm excited about the volunteer opportunities available. Next week I plan to help prepare a meal at the Ronald McDonald House.

So that's it. Nothing too exciting, right? Maybe I'll win the lottery or find a million dollars lying around somewhere, and then I can report something much more exciting! But I won't be holding my breath. :)

No comments: