Thursday, October 25, 2007

How did I not know?



Tonight I am kicking myself for not being the Dr. Seuss fan I'm supposed to be. I'm sure many of you know how much I love Dr. Seuss and how my Christmas tree is decorated only with Dr. Seuss ornaments. Over the last ten years, Hallmark has been gracious enough to offer me a steady supply of Grinch and other character ornaments each Christmas (I have to buy them, of course, but they make them available to me). Each year I make sure I find out what ornaments they're coming out with and then make a concerted effort to buy them.

Well, this year they have apparently released two special edition Grinch ornaments that will be available only in limited quantities. And when did I find this out? Today. Frantic, I called a local Hallmark store to find out if they are available yet. And guess what? They are!!!! And guess what else? They only have two of each left, and they aren't getting more in. The sales clerk recommended getting myself there ASAP. But it was no use. They would have been closed by the time I could have gotten there.

I wouldn't have even known about this if I hadn't been casually surfing eBay and saw an auction for an unfamiliar Grinch ornament. How could I, the queen of all Dr. Seuss ornaments, be unaware of this? How did this get by me? I just hope the damage isn't permanent. If I can't get these ornaments I am going to be very upset. I pride myself on having a complete Hallmark Grinch ornament collection.

You better believe I'll be there when they open tomorrow morning. Work will just have to wait. And I'll just keep going to every Hallmark until I find them.

No comments: