Democracy consists of choosing your dictators after they've told you what you think it is you want to hear. - Alan Coren
Politics - the art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other. - Oscar Ameringer
The art of government consists in taking as much money as possible from one class of citizen to give to the other. - Voltaire
Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving taxicabs and cutting hair. - George Burns
When I was a boy I was told that anyone could become president. I'm beginning to believe it. - Clarence Darrow
In an autocracy, one person has his way; in an aristocracy a few people have their way; in a democracy no one has his way. - Celia Green
The higher a monkey climbs, the more you see of his ass. - "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell
No comments:
Post a Comment