Sunday, October 03, 2004

Do you know the extent of your First Amendment rights? Did you know that your speech won't be protected by the First Amendment if it threatens national security or constitutes a true threat? Did you know that you probably own a number of copyrights on works you have produced? Do you know what a prior restraint is or what time, manner, and place regulations are?

Well, you should, and I'm not just saying this because it's your right as a U.S. citizen. Nope. I'm saying that you should know all of this so that at 2 p.m. tomorrow, when I am taking my media law midterm, you will be able to channel the correct exam answers to me through the psychic universe.

Here's a website to get you started: First Amendment Law

If, perchance, you don't have a chance to learn all about media law, do at least take the time to pray for me or offer up your own form of spiritual intervention.

No comments: