Wednesday, August 31, 2005

It's been a while. School has started now, and I am trying to deal with the reality of my impending thesis--that monster of a research project that must be completed before I can get my degree. I'm only taking a few classes, so I'm excited about that. In theory I have a lot of free time, but in reality I need to spend that time working on my thesis.

Sprocket is doing well (he weighed in at 18.2 pounds at the vet, by the way). I've been sleeping in every morning because I only have afternoon classes, and he doesn't quite know what to do about that. He's used to getting his breakfast a little earlier in the day, so he makes numerous attempts to get me out of bed. He can be mean when he wants to be.

What happened in New Orleans is so horrible. Did you know that I went to New Orleans for New Year's this year? I rang in the new year on Bourbon Street, and I got to see a lot of the cool places around-- the French Quarter, the Garden District, and more. It seems so sad to think that a lot of the cool things I saw have been destroyed. It's a very historical and cultural city, or at least it was. I'm glad I got to see it before the hurricane; it's hard to imagine that it will ever be as spectacular as it was before. You never know what's going to happen. My heart goes out to all of the people affected. It's tragic.

No comments: