Happy Valentine's Day!
Despite the fact that I don't have a sweetheart, I still think this is my favorite holiday of all. I love balloons, I love Valentine's cards, I love the little teddy bears and bouquets of flowers. Unfortunately I spent way too many years of my life hating the holiday because I wasn't actually receiving any of these things. But you know, it's really what you make of it. This year I really enjoyed going into the stores and looking at all the flowers and balloons and teddy bears. But the only Valentine's item I bought was a block of cheese shaped like Cupid- cute, edible, and a little healthier than chocolate. It's such an exciting season- love is in the air. A friend of mine just got engaged, another friend is in the beginning stage of a romance. And maybe I don't have anyone to buy me chocolates or flowers, but I do have Sprocket, the cat who just came up to me and expressed his love with a rub and a purr. And I have a good group of friends who are also single, so I can't feel too sorry for myself.
So whether you have a sweetheart or not, I hope you enjoy today. If you want to feel better, go out and buy candy or flowers or a teddy bear for someone in your life (mom, dad, friend, an elderly neighbor). It's actually better than receiving a Valentine's gift yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment