With only two weeks left until Christmas, I find myself without any Christmas spirit at all. I don't completely know why. For a while I could blame it on the stress of Christmas shopping, but that’s almost done now. Even wrapping the presents doesn’t excite me like it used to. I put my Dr. Seuss tree up, and all of my Grinch figurines are on display. If anything, that should have put me in the Christmas spirit. But alas, it hasn’t.
I can tell you what has helped fuel my lack of Christmas spirit. Waiting in long lines at the store. Not being able to find what I’m looking for while out shopping. Putting up with all the crazy drivers on the road. And just an overall sour mood.
I’m hoping things get better soon. I would like to enjoy the holidays. I even have a few Christmas parties to attend, and being in a festive spirit for those would probably be a good idea. Until then, I will press on — wrapping presents, watching holiday specials, writing Christmas cards. And eating all the holiday treats I can get my hands on.
No comments:
Post a Comment