Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A little more holiday spirit

So I am finally acquiring a bit of holiday spirit (although standing in line for half an hour last night at Best Buy threatened to take it away). I have not found it through shopping or presents or holiday songs or even decorations. Nope, my friends, I have found my holiday spirit through food.

I had forgotten that when you are in the working world, you often get food at Christmas. So far we have gotten a box of pears, a package of biscotti, chocolate-covered almonds, and a giftbox full of snack foods. The box full of food is my personal favorite. It's got the best stuff- cheese straws, cheese spread, crackers, chocolate-covered pretzels, holiday cookies, truffles, and even German fruit cake. Not to mention the honey roasted peanuts and trail mix.

Add to that the fact that my mom made sausage balls for me, and I've got all the yummy snack food I could dream about. Plus, I've got three holiday work functions coming up in the next week, and they are sure to include food. Especially the one that is actually labeled a lunch buffet and is being held at a nice restaurant.

So now that I remember that Christmas involves lots of yummy food, I can muster a little Christmas spirit. But don't expect to see me wearing any Christmas sweaters or singing carols. I'll be too busy stuffing my face with chocolate and cheese balls.

No comments: