Well, I have finally crossed over to the dark side. Today I created my very own eBay account. And as my very first act as an eBay member, I bought my Good Luck Bear glass. I think it worked out well. I ended up buying it through a "Buy it Now" option, because the only other one available was in an auction that ends in three days. I didn't want to wait that long. :) The final price I paid, including shipping and insurance, came to $27.30. Which is a steal if you remember that a few weeks ago one of them sold for $59. Plus, I didn't have to get in a bidding war and risk being sniped at the very last moment. The auction that ends in a few days is already up to $20 with $7 shipping, and I'm pretty sure the price will keep rising. I think I came out pretty well. Plus, my glass is already on its way to join my collection.
But this whole situation has proved a little scary. Once I was registered, it was extremely easy to make that purchase. Too easy, especially for someone like me who can identify dozens of items on eBay that I would like to own (especially Grinch ornaments and other Care Bear-related items). With just a few clicks, I can spend money way too easily on things I really want. This is going to take an amazing amount of restraint.
No comments:
Post a Comment