Lately I have enjoyed quite a few books, movies, food items, and more; so I thought I’d share some of them in case anyone else out there might also find some interest in them. Here they are, in no official order.
The Maltese Falcon: the book, not the movie (not yet, anyway- Netflix is sending it and it should be here today). I just read it Sunday for the first time, and I can’t believe I’d never taken the time to read it before now. Once I started it, I didn’t want to put it down. It’s a great story, and I can’t wait to see how Humphrey Bogart characterizes Sam Spade in the movie. By the way, my desire to read The Maltese Falcon in the first place came from an episode of Doogie Howser, M.D., I watched last week. Doogie was on a date with a girl and they quoted some lines from the movie that made absolutely no sense to me. I figured that if Doogie Howser knew about The Maltese Falcon, then I should too!
Waitress: this is one of the best movies I have seen in a very long time. Very rarely do I go see a movie in the theatre twice (actually I don’t know if I ever have…) but I did for this movie. And it was just as good the second time as the first- maybe even better because I could appreciate it more. Keri Russell is outstanding as the main character, Jenna, but my favorite was Andy Griffith in his supporting role as old Joe, the owner of the pie shop. My one word of advice is that you don’t go to see this movie if you are hungry, because it will make you miserable! There’s a lot of food in it. Which may explain why I love it so much….
Fresh mozzarella: My mom and I picked some up at the Farmer’s Market on Saturday and we mixed it with fresh grape tomatoes and olive oil to make a yummy summer salad. I finished it up today for lunch, and I’m still craving more! I love cheese. :).
My new shoes: A pair of New Balance with a retro look. I first saw them over a month ago at a Marshall’s in my hometown, and I fell in love with them immediately. As it often goes, however, they had every size except mine, so I couldn’t get them. Thus began my crazy adventure of trying to find the shoe in my size. We must have gone to a dozen stores before I finally found the shoe (not even the size, just that style). They told me which location actually had my size, so I ended up driving more than half an hour away to get them and paying $15 more than I should have. But once I had them, I realized that it was all worth it.
Coming home to packages on my doorstep: It’s like the best thing ever to come home after a long day at work and find a box on my doorstep from Wisconsin or Washington or Nevada containing a Care Bears glass or a Grinch snow globe. It’s like receiving a gift, with the difference being that I paid for it with my credit card. And it’s amazing how fast they ship these things. I got both within two days of winning the auctions.
Sprocket: No list of my favorite things would be complete without a shout-out to the most wonderful cat in the whole world.
No comments:
Post a Comment