There's a UNC basketball game tonight, but I'm not going. I have the tickets sitting right here next to me, but things just haven't worked out. I kind of wanted to go, but I couldn't find anybody who would go with me-- everybody either had plans or was still out of town. Boyfriend offered to go, but he's already been to a couple of games and I don't want to torture him with any more. I tried to sell the tickets, first on Craig's List, then by asking friends, but couldn't find any takers. At one time I thought I'd found someone to buy them (for only $20, $40 less than I paid for them), but she just called a little while ago to say she couldn't get away from work. Oh well. I tried.
In retrospect, I guess I shouldn't have gotten season tickets. I was so excited about having the chance to buy them that I never realized that it might not be practical. The main problem is there's no one to go with me to the games, and it's no fun to go to games by yourself. Boyfriend will go to games with me, but it's not really practical for him to come to weeknight games since he lives out of town. My other friends don't even like basketball, so it's like pulling I-teeth to get them to come with me. I mean, I don't even have anyone who will go with me to the Duke game, and that's the biggest game of the year. How pathetic is that?
There are nine games left, and I find myself wishing the season were over. What's wrong with me? I love Carolina basketball, and I was so excited about this season. Now I don't even care if I go to another game. I almost wish I had just kept my money and never bought the tickets. Oh well. I guess if I didn't have the tickets I'd be wishing I had bought them.
No comments:
Post a Comment