So on Friday night I participated in a Texas Hold'em tournament. It was a pretty low-key event, and we weren't playing to win money. I had never played before, and was excited about learning. It was nice to finally learn what terms like "royal flush" and "full house" meant, and to at least gain a better sense of the rules of the game. But let me tell you, this game was not for me.
I was stressed out before the game had really gotten underway. I had no idea what I was doing, and once I finally sort of got the hang of it, I still felt clueless. There was so much uncertainty to it, and I couldn't wrap my head around the strategies of the game. I wanted to stay in the game so I could keep learning the game, but I was so afraid that I would end up out. I wasn't the first one out, but I certainly didn't last very long. And talk about stressed! My stomach was in knots, and I was very keyed up.
I decided that I'm too high-strung for poker, and I probably won't be playing again. Can you imagine how I would have been if I had actually been playing for money?
No comments:
Post a Comment