Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Big Big News

Some of you faithful blog readers may already know, but for the ones who don't and the ones I haven't e-mailed or called yet, I'm getting married!!! Boyfriend (now Fiance) took me to the Sarah P. Duke Gardens on April 13 under the guise of looking at the pretty flowers, and then he surprised me by proposing! We were sitting on a bench in a fairly secluded area of the gardens, and he got down on one knee and everything-- it was very romantic, and I was very surprised (in a good way). My ring is absolutely gorgeous and I miss it very much-- it's at the jewelers being resized. He tried really hard to guess the right size, but my little fingers are just too small-- he was only half a size off, though, so I applaud him for that.

Since then, everything has been a whirlwind of possibilities and decisions that have to be made. We're shooting for a 2009 wedding, but we've got to figure out where and when exactly. Then there's the dress, caterers, photographer, cake, attendants...so many decisions! Hopefully once the initial shock wears off, we can settle in and actually enjoy planning the wedding. So far I've been a little too stressed for my own good...

Anyway, stay tuned for more updates! I'm sure I'll have lots of fun stuff to blog about in the coming months! And if anyone has any wedding advice, I'd appreciate it!

No comments: