Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Fun with movie quotes

Here are the rules:
1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb.com and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike each out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. No Googling or IMDb-ing. That’s cheating and that’s no fun.

Here we go!

1. "Attention Rex Manning fans, to your left you will notice a shoplifter being chased by night manager, Lucas. This young man will be caught, deep fried in a vat of hot oil and served to our first hundred customers." Empire Records, guessed by ghent22

2. "Dear Baby, I hope someday somebody wants to hold you for 20 minutes straight and that's all they do. They don't pull away. They don't look at your face. They don't try to kiss you. All they do is wrap you up in their arms and hold on tight, without an ounce of selfishness in it." Waitress, guessed by anonymous

3. "That's pretty dangerous building a road in the middle of the street. I mean, if frogs couldn't hop, I'd be gone with the Schwinn."

4. "I hate the way you talk to me, and the way you cut your hair. I hate the way you drive my car. I hate it when you stare. I hate your big dumb combat boots, and the way you read my mind. I hate you so much it makes me sick; it even makes me rhyme. I hate it, I hate the way you're always right. I hate it when you lie. I hate it when you make me laugh, even worse when you make me cry. I hate it when you're not around, and the fact that you didn't call. But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you. Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all." 10 Things I Hate About You, guessed by matt

5. "Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life. Well, not small, but valuable. And sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave? So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around? I don't really want an answer. I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void. So good night, dear void." You've Got Mail, guessed by erica

6. "If that's the Happiness Hotel, I'd hate to see what the sad one looks like."

7. "What? No! No, they cannot watch the show from backstage. That's it! That's what's been missing from the show! That's what we need! More frogs and dogs and bears and chickens and... and whatever! You're not gonna watch the show, you're gonna be in the show! Come on, everyone!" The Muppets Take Manhattan, guessed by matt

8. "You're mistaken, Mr. Darcy. The mode of your declaration merely spared me any concern I might have felt in refusing you, had you behaved in a more gentleman-like manner. You could not have made me the offer of your hand in any possible way that would have tempted me to accept it. From the very beginning your manners impressed me with the fullest belief of your arrogance, your conceit and your selfish disdain for the feelings of others. I had not known you a month before I felt you were the last man in the world whom I could ever marry!" Pride & Prejudice (1995), guessed by rachel

9. "Oh, Jo, I've missed you so. Why does everyone want to go away? I love being home. But I don't like being left behind. Now I am the one going ahead. I am not afraid. I can be brave like you."

10. "Good morning, Guy. We have a crisis here - your bass player has disappeared, and you are still in bed! Just calling to tell you to get your patootie down to the television studio! You're gonna be on TV tonight!"

7 comments:

ghent22 said...

1. Empire records re: Warren

Anonymous said...

I'm fairly certain 4 is from 10 Things I Hate About You. And is 7 from Muppets Take Manhattan? I just saw that for the first time recently (my wife loves the Muppets) and those lines seem very familiar.

solla sollew said...

Your wife sounds like a very cool person. Anyone who loves the Muppets has to be!

Anonymous said...

#2 sounds like something from Waitress. Am I right? And a couple of others appear to be from other Muppet movies, but I'm not sure which ones.

Anonymous said...

#5 You've Got Mail
I could recite it in my sleep!

Anonymous said...

#8 is Jane Austen, P & P. But which version? The Jennifer Ehle/Colin Firth or the Keira Knightly?

solla sollew said...

Definitely the Jennifer Ehle/Colin Firth. The Keira Knightley version did not really appeal to me at all. Colin Firth made a much better Mr. Darcy, don't you think? :)