Sunday, April 06, 2008

Twenty Songs

I've seen this on other blogs, so I thought it would be fun to try. I put my iPod on shuffle, and here are the first twenty songs that played:

1. "A Building Panic" from the Titanic soundtrack
2. "Dare You to Move" by Switchfoot
3. "Wonderful Waste" by the Verve Pipe
4. "Redemption" by Johnny Cash
5. "American Dream" by Better than Ezra
6. "Funkytown" by Lipps, Inc. (from the Shrek 2 soundtrack)
7. "Elephant Love Medley" from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack
8. "Sunflowers" by Everclear
9. "When Joanna Loved Me" by Matt Monro
10. "It's Over" by the Goo Goo Dolls
11. "The Dangling Conversation" by Simon and Garfunkel
12. "Addicted" by Simple Plan
13. "Why Me Lord?" by Johnny Cash
14. "Only One" by Lifehouse
15. "I Wish You Would" by Train
16. "One Piece at a Time" by Johnny Cash
17. "Why Should I Worry?" by Billy Joel (from the Oliver & Company soundtrack)
18. "Burnin' Up" by the Goo Goo Dolls
19. "One Day I'll Fly Away (remix)" from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack
20. "The Long Winding Road" by the Beatles

Overall, it's a somewhat accurate reflection of my musical tastes, with some notable exceptions. There are three Johnny Cash songs, and while I have a good deal of his music, I have probably twice as many Better than Ezra songs, and there's only one represented here. Also, out of the more than 1200 songs I have on my iPod, there is only one Simple Plan song, and it just so happened to show up here. My other favorite bands include the Goo Goo Dolls and Train, and they're both on this list, but Sister Hazel is noticeably absent. A quarter of these songs are from soundtracks, which is pretty accurate, I guess. I have a LOT of soundtracks. I might try this again sometime to see how different another set would be. It's kind of neat to sit back and see what plays...

No comments: