So I think I'm subconsciously trying to destroy myself. You recall how I sprained my foot the other week? Well, ever since then it seems I've been on a crash course to destroy myself. The other night I was washing dishes and I accidentally stabbed myself with a paring knife. Thankfully, it didn't bleed very badly but it did sting for quite a while. Well, yesterday my "subconscious" decided to get serious. My darling Sprocket was sitting in the hallway of our apartment, and I decided to pick him up and cradle him like a baby (a desire that overtakes me every once in a while). I reached down, picked him up, then whirled myself back into a standing position-- only the thermostat mounted on the wall was in my direct path. I hit it hard, or rather the front left part of my head hit it hard. I didn't get knocked out or anything, and I maintained coherence, but it smarted pretty badly (don't you love how I used that definition of "smart"?). Ever since, I've had this dull headache on the left side of my head. I can't get it to go away. I haven't been to the doctor because I don't think I have a concussion, but it still doesn't feel very good. Especially not when I have an impending deadline (my last Prospect deadline ever!).
So please have a good day, and be very careful not to let my self-destructive clumsiness rub off on you.
No comments:
Post a Comment