My parents came tonight and got Sprocket. They are keeping him for me while I go out of town for the weekend. He's been gone less than an hour and I miss him already. A half dozen times already I've wondered where he was, thinking that he was probably getting into trouble. And then of course I remembered that he wasn't here. I can't wait until Saturday when I get to see him again.
The worst is going to be at night. Not too long ago, I started letting him sleep with me at night. It had gotten to the point that he would wake me up several times during the night by pawing at my door. He would camp out right outside my door and wait for me to let him in, which I would usually do in the mornings before I drug myself out of bed. At first it was kind of annoying; he kept jumping off the bed during the night and he would wake me up several times. Now, though, things are going better. He usually hops up on the bed a few minutes after I go to bed, and he stays the entire night. Now it's reassuring to have him there. He keeps my feet warm. But for the next three nights, it'll just be me. Sprocky will be sleeping in the laundry room at my parents' house.
It's amazing how much I love that little troublemaker. And a little disturbing.
No comments:
Post a Comment