So tonight fate played a hand in my life. I was going to meet some of my friends at a restaurant in town, and I was way late (like I didn't arrive until an hour after I was told I had to be there). I actually spent half an hour driving around looking for free parking because I REFUSE to pay for a parking space. This is just a fundamental principle of my life. I have never had to pay for parking before, so why should I now? Anyway, so here I was running late, and I was walking to the restaurant when I had to stop at the crosswalk and wait for the walking signal (because people will run over you around here). I was standing there, and this person was walking by who I happened to notice looked a lot like Carrie, one of the friends I was going to meet. Well, it turns out it was her. So I yelled out, "Hey! What are you doing?" And she got all freaked out because this strange girl was yelling at her until she realized it was me. Turns out they had given up on me and the group had disbanded and left. She had like 40 minutes until her bus came so she was trying to kill time until she could leave. So we ended up going to Starbucks and I got a caramel steamer (which replaces white chocolate mochas as my favorite in the winter months). Then we went to Wendy's and I had french fries. Then we went back to her apartment and watched TV. And it was really fun. But if we hadn't crossed paths at that exact moment, I would have gone to the restaurant only to find that everyone had left and my attempt at socializing had been futile. She would have continued to walk aimlessly up and down the street until her bus finally came, and we would have both been unhappy. Instead, we had a really fun time laughing about my Southern accent (do you think I have a Southern accent? I swear that I don't) and about how stupid guys can be (no offense, guys, but you can be pretty stupid sometimes). And now it's late and I really should have spent the whole evening studying, but oh well, there will be other opportunities for studying. A spontaneous evening of fun hanging out with a friend is a gift I don't get very often. I can study for my law final tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment