Wednesday, October 26, 2005
I don't know what the deal was, but yesterday was apparently the day I was destined to chase buses. Yesterday morning I had to go to the Dean Dome to sign up for a basketball ticket lottery, and it took longer than I expected. By the time I turned around to walk back to the bus stop, my bus was already at the stop and was about to pull away. So I had to take off running after it, flailing my arms in the air while still managing to hold a computer briefcase (with my laptop in it) and a 20 lb. backpack. Luckily it saw me coming and waited. Then last night when my class got out, I had to walk to another bus stop to take a different bus home. It has a reputation for running early (which is almost against nature), so I had been watching through the window during class to make sure it hadn't come. The second class let out I bolted out the door, only to discover it sitting at the bus stop about to pull away. So once again I had to go running after it, with the same briefcase and backpack in tow. Once again the bus driver was nice and waited for me, but it was a close call. If it had happened again, I'm pretty sure my luck would have run out. Oh, the joys of public transit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment