Tonight I went to see a production of Noises Off! on campus. It was a really funny play, although not as funny as I remember. The first time I saw it I was a freshman in college-- in fact, it may have been my very first "theatre" experience. I remember laughing a whole awful lot. Maybe I went into tonight's production expecting too much of it-- our memories do tend to make things seem better than they really were. Or at least mine do. Anyway, it was nice to spend an evening in the theatre, as opposed to spending the evening cooped up in my apartment doing homework (or avoiding it fiercely). And if you've never seen Noises Off! (there's a movie version, too, but I think the play is much funnier) I definitely recommend it.
It did make me all sentimental though. I kept remembering things the way they were when I was a college freshman. I went to see it then with my roommate at the time, a person I would later become completely alienated from. It was funny, too, because tonight I kept comparing the performances of these actors to the ones from my college production. Strangely, I actually remembered whom most of them were, or at least what they looked like. Tonight, however, I was with a different friend, and there were different actors, and I am a different person. That's comforting and scary at the same time.
2 comments:
I think we saw the same CU production -- was Chris the burglar?? What an odd little trip down memory lane. : )
Yeah, that's the one. Those were the days, weren't they?
Post a Comment