I am not a fan of cold weather. In fact, I am not too big of a fan of hot weather either, because I always stay so cold whenever I am in an air-conditioned building. Since starting my new job, I have had to acquire a fleece blanket to wrap around myself whenever I'm sitting at my desk. And that started in mid-September, back when it was still warm outside. I am now strongly considering a space heater, even though it goes against the fire code.
My townhouse is not exactly ideal for keeping me warm either. The windows, although supposedly insulated, let so much cold air in it's pathetic. The heat runs for what seems like hours at a time and still it doesn't make a difference. I've got like four blankets on my bed, and anytime I'm sitting down I'm wrapped up in a throw blanket. It's going to be a long winter, let me tell you.
But misery loves company, and thank goodness I've got it. The wonderful and adorable Sprocket, the cat of my life, is just as cold-natured as I am. Or at least he is as fond of heat as I am. Since the weather's gotten colder, he and I have joined forces in our efforts to stay warm. When I sit on the couch, he curls up in my lap. When I go to bed at night, he curls up beside me (sometimes he even tries to get under the covers). Of course, he also tries to steal heat whenever possible. When I turn on the heater in the bathroom, he sits directly in front of it. When I turn on the heater in the living room, ditto.
And so, we will make it through this winter, just as we have every winter before (or at least the four winters we've been together). But I cannot wait for spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment