Friday, October 13, 2006

A truly horrifying sight

Last night, while riding with my boyfriend to the mall, I saw one of the most horrific things I've ever seen in my life. I saw a squirrel get run over by a car.

On numerous occasions, I have seen the little bodies of flattened squirrels lying in or around the road. I have always had to tell myself that they aren't real, or that it's just a pine cone masquerading as a furry dead squirrel. Most of the time I try not to see them.

But last night, I saw a cute little squirrel with a fluffy tail dash right out into the road, straight to the tire of a moving car. I saw the tire of said car pummel right over the little guy, tossing his limp little body up into the air as it kept going down the road. This time there was no convincing myself that it wasn't a squirrel.

It was a very disturbing image for someone who has always loved squirrels.

No comments: