Last night I had a very weird nightmare. It wasn't a nightmare in the traditional sense, but it was just the kind of thing that scares me silly. I dreamed that I was about to relive my senior year of high school. In the dream I actually went back to my old school for the first day of my senior year. As far as I can remember, that day went okay, but the second day was the one that caused all sorts of drama. When I woke up on the second day of school, I hadn't yet picked out something to wear so I went to my closet and started looking. The school I went to was religious (both in the dream and in reality), and girls were required to wear skirts that went below the knee. Since leaving those days behind, I have revolted against skirts and dresses like you wouldn't believe. In fact, I now own very few skirts of any kind. So basically I had nothing to wear in the dream, because my closet was full of pants and short skirts. And I kept looking at the clock and realized that I was going to be late to school, a thought that struck fear in my heart. I didn't want to get in trouble for being late (the odd thing is, I actually remember thinking in the dream that it was funny that being late to school scared me much more than being late to work does-- but is it possible to have thoughts in dreams?) but I couldn't very well violate the dress code either because I'd be sent home. And then one of my ex-boyfriends from college showed up and tried to help me repair my window, which had apparently been broken during the night for no apparent reason. But it was nice that he showed up because in reality he won't have anything to do with me anymore and I appreciated the fact that he was civil to me in the dream. But then Sprocket started scratching at the door and some more craziness ensued and then I woke up. I was very disturbed when my alarm went off this morning, and I blame that dream for making me late to work in reality.
In other scary news, I got my bloodwork back from my physical yesterday, and it turns out that my triglycerides are high. I haven't yet done too much research into this situation, but apparently there is too much fat in my diet and I have to do something about that. This scares me more than the dream because I didn't think I was eating that badly to begin with. I rarely splurge anymore, and I have seriously been cutting back. If this means I'm going to have to go even farther into the depths of healthy eating, I'm not excited. Food is one of my favorite things in all the world, and cutting out all of the good things will make me a very unhappy person. My zest for life will likely dry up and die.
And to top all of this scary stuff off, my magazine deadline is next week. If that's not scary, I don't know what is.
No comments:
Post a Comment