Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Solla Sollew's Money-saving tips

I am passionate about many things, and one of those things is saving money. I like money, and I like keeping it much more than I like spending it. That being said, I also like to eat and enjoy the pleasures of life. You've already heard about my coupon fascination with Cafe Carolina & Bakery. That promotion, by the way, ends next week. Since getting the coupons, I think I've eaten there about half a dozen times, and the coupons have saved me and my lucky lunchmates upwards of $40. When you can get two gourmet sandwiches (each with chips) for six bucks, that ain't bad. :)

Anyway, today I have a tip that might help you save some dollars at the movie theatre. Yesterday was Boyfriend's birthday, so we took the day off and did fun stuff, like hiking and going to see a movie. I had heard a rumor that the new movie theatre in Apex would give you a free movie ticket on your birthday, so we decided to test the veracity of the rumor. We walked up to the box office and asked if it was true, and sure enough, it was. Boyfriend did have to show his ID to prove that it was indeed his day, but other than that it was pretty painless. So yeah, it's only one day a year, but he saved $6.50 just like that. It was kind of like getting a birthday present from the movie theatre. You may or may not want to see a movie on your birthday, but if you do, it might be worth it to see if your theatre will let you in for free.

Stay tuned... before long I'll share my comprehensive list of restaurant e-mail lists to join to help you get a variety of free food on your birthday! Let's just say that I'll be eating lots of yummy food come this November, and it won't cost me a dime!

No comments: