So you know how I was saying that I really wanted that Care Bears glass from Pizza Hut that had Good Luck Bear on it? Well, soon after an auction for that very item appeared on eBay and I kept my eye on it. I was a little surprised when the bidding was up to $22 with like four days to go on the auction, but when I checked yesterday it was up to $28 with maybe four hours to go. I thought that was pretty steep, but that was nothing compared to how much the thing finally went for. Care to make a guess?
After 31 bids, a glass that was probably sold for like 99 cents twenty-some years ago as a restaurant promotion went for $59. No, I did not type that wrong. $59.
This is insane. Just a few months ago the same glass was going for $22, maybe $28. Why in the heck did this thing go for more than twice that? The whole thing has disheartened me. I am pretty sure I won't be getting my hands on this one.
On the bright side, I found a Muppet Movie Viewmaster set that had never been opened on eBay and managed to sink my claws into that one. It only set me back about $6.
No comments:
Post a Comment