Thursday, July 12, 2007

E-mail abuser

OK, I have to vent about something that happened this morning at work. One of my co-workers, who works in the office immediately next to mine, sent me an e-mail saying that she had not heard back from me regarding my attendance at tomorrow's cookout and she needed met to let her know so she could plan accordingly. When she sent the e-mail, she was sitting in her office and I was sitting in my office. Wouldn't it have just been easier for her to ask me if I was going? Why the heck did she have to e-mail me? E-mail is being abused way too much these days. I can understand the need for documentation in some instances, but when you're asking a coworker if they're going to a social event that will only include five people? Seriously, she needs to get a life and learn how to walk out of her office and actually talk to people. I don't care if she's not a morning person or whatever. People need to be civil, and e-mail is far from the best way to communicate.

Don't even get me started on how formal the e-mail was or the fact that she CC'ed the whole office on the e-mail. Sometimes, I want out of this place so bad it scares me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah. I don't get people on Facebook writing what seem to be fairly private messages on one another's walls either.