Tuesday, July 03, 2007

My new addiction

Forget eBay. There's a new Web site in town, and it combines two things I love: computer word games and free stuff. Once my credit card bill came, I realized that I needed a diversion from the world of eBay. It's nice to get lots of cool things I've been wanting for a while, but it's also nice to save some of your money and not go in to debt. So Boyfriend stumbled across this site, and I've been hooked ever since.

You play games and get tickets, which you can then redeem for prizes. The best thing of all is that it's totally legitimate. It's sponsored by Microsoft, and it's easy to register, especially if you have a hotmail account. The only additional information I had to provide was a valid shipping address. So far I've received two sets of movie tickets and 20 song downloads. I've ordered three magazine subscriptions this week (one year subscriptions, no less) but it might be a while before they arrive. I love playing the games (word searches, crossword puzzles, word scrambles) and it's cool because I'd be playing computer games anyway (before this site I always did the USA Today crossword and played spider solitaire like it was going out of style). This way I get cool stuff for doing something I love anyway!

Some of the prizes are really nice (Microsoft Zune, Windows Vista), but I'm more interested in the things I actually want and would use. I love magazines, and being able to get stuff like Self and National Geographic Traveler is really cool. Movie tickets come in handy when Boyfriend and I want to catch a movie but don't want to spend a ton of money. FYI, if you start playing and order prizes, the six-to-eight week shipping estimate is just that- an estimate. I got my downloads and movie tickets approximately a week after ordering them. However, I think that since more people have discovered the site now, there's a backlog. I haven't gotten something I ordered over a week ago, but I'm thinking it shouldn't be too much longer.

Anyway, that's pretty much what I've been up to lately. What about you?

No comments: