Well, I guess my birthday celebrations are pretty much over. I had a great birthday, and I want to thank everybody who sent me cards or e-mails. I appreciate you thinking of me! There was a lot of fun, a huge bouquet of mylar balloons, and I got to hang out with a lot of my friends. Here are a few of the highlights.
- I got about $45 worth of food from area restaurants thanks to the e-mail clubs I had joined. The highlight was a $9 burger from Red Robin, and`to top it off they gave me a free ice cream sundae and sang to me! I know a lot of people get embarrassed when restaurant staff sing to them, but secretly I loved it!
- My friend Jen gave me two coupon organizers for my birthday (she figured one wouldn't be enough with all the coupons I have, and she's right!). These work much better than the envelopes I was using. I got my first chance to try my organizers this week when Harris Teeter did triple coupons, and I loved it! I'm all about the practical gifts.
- The folks at work, Boyfriend, and my best friend all gave me mylar balloons for my birthday. I ended up with five total, and I'm happy to report that two of them are still completely inflated! I love them so much! (And Sprocket has enjoyed playing with the ribbons).
- My mom gave me a ton of stuff I can use, and that always excites me! Paper towels, tissues, and toilet paper may sound like boring gifts to you, but it makes me happy! And it cuts down on my grocery store costs!
- Boyfriend gave me the new My So-Called Life DVD boxed set, and it's so neat! I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but it's supposedly filled with bonus features and I can't wait to check it out! Boyfriend also gave me an awesome UNC hooded sweatshirt (which must have been painful for him to buy since he's a State fan). He also gave me a stuffed koala, a Muppet Show DVD set, and a really cool Grinch action figure.
There's so much more I could get into, but I need to run. Suffice it to say that it was an awesome birthday, one of my best yet! If only next year weren't the big 3-0....
1 comment:
any bf who will buy you MSCL dvds is worth keeping!
Post a Comment