Tonight I had dinner with a good friend of mine, and I am so excited because she told me she has been inspired by my couponing activities and has started clipping coupons herself! She actually participated in Harris Teeter's triple coupons last weekend, but she ran into a few problems because some of the items she was seeking were out of stock. Despite her less than ideal trip, I hope she continues to clip and save!
You should have seen me talking to her about all my strategies and secrets. I got so giddy and enthusiastic I was like a little kid. It might be a little sad that I enjoy coupons so much, but at least I'm passionate about something!
Speaking of coupons, I had quite a bit of success last weekend at Harris Teeter's triples. I made two trips last Thursday, spending $5.61 and saving a total of $80.12. My best purchase was cat litter for Sprocket. I get Arm & Hammer cat litter, which tends to be on the expensive side ($9.99 retail at Harris Teeter). It was on sale BOGO last week, and I was able to get two boxes for almost nothing! It would have been a great buy if that had been all I got, but I had some great coupons and was able to get a ton of stuff for free-- Ziploc bags, Saran wrap, Dawn dish detergent, Pledge, pancake mix, Parkerhouse rolls, Hamburger Helper microwave singles, coffee creamer, wax paper, paper towels, peanut butter, and whole-grain pasta.
I am finding that I'm going to have to start being more careful about making sure I don't get stuff simply because I have a coupon for it. I did buy some stuff I didn't need this go-round, but I sent a whole bag of stuff home with my friend Jen, who supplies my coupons. I thought it was a nice gesture since she's the reason I can do this in the first place. I also got multiples of stuff I'll never be able to use, but I've already got a stash set aside for my mom and grandma. Still, I need to remind myself that I'm only saving money as long as I'm not buying stuff that won't get used.
No comments:
Post a Comment