In honor of Thanksgiving, I thought I'd list just a few of the many things I am thankful for:
Sprocket- There's not another cat in the world like him (and thank goodness for that!). Seriously, though, he's my constant companion and furry friend, and life just wouldn't be the same if I didn't have him to come home to. It's a comfort at the end of the day to walk through the door and see my 20-pound kitty running down the stairs to greet me.
Coupons- Triple coupons only come around every few months, but I find it very relaxing to clip coupons and organize them in anticipation of the event. I love the prospect of saving money, and clipping coupons has given me something more constructive to do than just sitting in front of the TV at night.
My friends- I don't have a ton of friends around here, but the ones I do have are great. There's my friend Jen, who always saves her coupons for me and cooks for me at least once a week. I know I can count on her to be there whenever I need to talk. My friend Christina has been a positive force in my life, even if she doesn't know it. And I have a new friend, Leah, who enjoys Carolina basketball as much as I do. And then there are all the friends who I don't see as often but who mean so much to me anyway!
My basketball season tickets- I was a little unsure of whether getting season tickets to UNC men's basketball was a good idea, but now I'm glad I bit the bullet and got them. I absolutely love my seats, even if they are on the very last row of the Smith Center. The seats are on the end of a row, but it's a row that dead-ends into a corner of the wall. Between the last seat and the wall is a nice space that's perfect for stowing jackets, food, and cups. Plus, the extra space makes it seem much less crowded than the seats would be if they weren't on the end like that. And since there's no aisle there, we never have to get up and let people by us, which means I don't have to worry about anyone (besides me) knocking over my drink. And the view is great, too! And because we're on the last row I don't have to worry about someone kicking my seat or propping their feet up on the back of the seat. It's perfect!
Food- I was going to be specific and say cheese, but I've found that I've expanded my taste buds of late. I'm extremely fond of all sorts of food, and I love sampling new things as well as satisfying cravings for things I love already. The prospect of a good meal will keep me in good spirits for days because it gives me something to look forward to.
My family- I don't see them as much as I used to because I don't live at home, but I'm glad they're just a phone call away. My mom is a great source of strength and comfort. And my dad is a great resource for me, changing the oil in my car and often finding extra sets of coupons from Sunday's paper for me.
Boyfriend- It's not easy putting up with a girl who loves Dr. Seuss, balloons, and the Muppets. Not to mention the fact that she's obsessed with her cat (which he's allergic to). Boyfriend is a good sport and great company. He's the most thoughtful guy I know.
There is so much more that I could list, but I need to go. I have a whole list of things to do in preparation for Thanksgiving (making pasta salad, washing dishes, baking rolls, and doing laundry). These are some things I'm not so thankful for, but I suppose I should be thankful I have the ability to do this stuff!
Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment