Friday, April 23, 2004

Today for lunch I had cheese fries. It could have been cheese cardboard for all I care. The fact is, I love cheese. I could eat it every day, on everything. Cheese grits, cheese pizza, lasagna with extra cheese-- cheese is the stuff life is made of.

Most of my favorite foods contain cheese. My favorite pasta sauce? Alfredo. What do I put on my bagels? Cream cheese. A salad isn't a salad unless it has at least two kinds of cheese. If you're feeding me macaroni, there better be cheese involved. Don't even think about giving me garlic bread unless it has five cheeses on it. And there's no such thing as broccoli without cheese.

This isn't always a positive thing. Yes, I do tend to get my RDA of calcium, but cheese (in its purest, tastiest form) is full of fat and cholesterol and lots of things I don't need in abundance. Right now, after eating half of an order of cheese fries (which I also saturated with ranch dressing) I feel horribly yucky. I feel like I ate a lead weight.

So I guess cheese is one of my vices. That is not to suggest that I have a lot of vices or that most of them pertain to food. I'm just pointing out a shortcoming of mine because I can't think of a single other thing to write about.

No comments: