Saturday, August 07, 2004

My new life has something the Creek doesn't. Well, it has a lot of things the Creek lacks-- like buses, recycling bins, Democrats, stoplights, and civilization-- but it also has chipmunks! I took the bus onto campus the other day to get my student ID, and as I was walking down a sidewalk, a little chipmunk ran out in front of me. When he got to the other side of the walkway, he ran under a bush and then peaked his head back out and looked at me. We bonded instantly. I took it as a sign that this was definitely a good change.

Meanwhile, I love my new house. It's amazing all the little things about it that excite me-- the color of the walls, the flooring in the kitchen, the way Sprocket has adjusted. However, I am living without several basic necessities. A phone, for instance. It makes life difficult but I am surviving on a cell phone and the generosity of my closest friends. I'll have a phone in a few days and that will be nice.

So far I haven't missed my old life much at all. I miss Bugs terribly and Mrs. Todd, too, but work and my old bug-infested apartment are things I am so ready to forget. Suddenly life is filled with all of this possibility. For what I don't know, but I guarantee you that I am going to stick around to find out.

Bear with me, folks. When I can get regular access to a computer, I'll post more and respond to all the emails I've neglected lately. I hope you have a great week!

No comments: