So I have experienced my first run-in with class schedule changes at a large university. Back in the Creek, we had drop/add day-- a day when you took a piece of paper to get it signed by the professor you were adding and the one you were leaving behind. Here, things are a little more advanced. And quite a bit more complicated.
Here, everything is done online. I register for my own classes, I drop and add at my discretion. Only when you are in graduate school it gets complicated because for many classes you have to get the professor's permission. So last Friday I wanted to drop reporting (because I knew that it would be the source of all pain and suffering in my life if I kept it) but I couldn't contact the professor for the class I wanted to add (which happened to be in another department and therefore made things doubly complicated).
To make a long story short, I'm signed up for advertising. Which I am very excited about, for a number of reasons. To start, it's an undergraduate class in a huge lecture hall. I can never speak and that will be OK. Secondly, it has three exams and that's all. No papers. No research assignments. Also, ads are actually kind of fun to analyze and the professor is actually pretty cool. It is worlds better than reporting would have been.
The bad thing about this whole schedule change was that I had to spend all this time unsure of what my schedule would be. It was very frustrating for things not to be settled. But now things are better and I'm okay with that. I'm actually kind of getting into things.
No comments:
Post a Comment