Last night I enjoyed a pleasant evening with my boyfriend- dinner, a movie, and a leisurely walk through the falling snow. Yes, you read it right- falling snow. OK, it wasn't real snow. But for a few crazy moments, we both thought it was. We had stopped in at Barnes & Noble after the movie, and as we were walking back to the car, something wet landed on my nose. I thought it must be raining, so I said, "Is it raining?" Boyfriend said, "No, it's snowing." At first I thought he was joking, but when I looked up at the sky, fluffy white stuff was coming down all around us. It was much too warm for snow, so we were baffled for a few moments as we tried to figure out what was going on. What was really happening, we determined a few moments later, is that there were machines on top of several of the buildings we were walking past. They were blasting out white sudsy stuff that looked surprisingly authentic. Our best guess (and it's an educated one because I did research) as to why they were making fake snow at 10:15 on a Thursday night at a mostly empty shopping mall (we were on Main Street at Southpoint) is that it was a test run for the "daily snowfall show" they will be having every evening from Nov. 18 to Dec. 22. What will they think of next?
Still, it was kind of neat to go for a walk in the falling snow, even if it wasn't real. It was actually nicer, because a real snowfall would necessitate much colder temperatures. And we all know how I feel about cold weather.
No comments:
Post a Comment