One of my greatest fears in life is losing my wallet. Besides losing your cash and credit/debit cards, you also lose your driver’s license, ID cards and whatever else you carry around with you. The thought of losing it just sickens me, and fills me with worry over identity theft and whatever else. So you can imagine how I felt when I discovered that my wallet wasn’t in my purse. My first thought was that maybe it had fallen out when Sprocket knocked my purse off the table, so I looked around on the floor. No luck. Then I called Boyfriend and started to majorly freak out. We tried to figure out what could have happened, and all we could think was that maybe I left it at the store when I paid for my glasses. By then it was well after 10 p.m., so there was no chance of finding out if that was what happened. I was in a state of panic by now, but somehow I found the common sense to check my car, thinking that maybe the wallet fell out in the car (I had opened my purse to get my cell phone out on the way home).
Thankfully, my wallet was lying in the floorboard. But in my excitement over having found my wallet, I left my car keys sitting in the front passenger seat. And then I locked the door. I discovered this a few minutes later when I was getting ready to go to bed and couldn’t find my keys (I usually keep them in a dish on top of my bookcase). A quick trip outside to the car and a click of my flashlight revealed them to me, sitting there as pretty as you please. Let me tell you, it is quite a hopeless feeling to be able to see your keys and yet have no way to actually get to them.
I don’t have AAA or anything, and I didn’t have the spare key, so I called my dad to see what he recommended. We decided that the only option was for him to bring me the spare key right then, seeing as he had to be home early the next morning to take my grandmother to a doctor’s appointment. So last night at like 11 p.m., my dad drove over an hour to bring me the spare key, and then he drove all the way back. Have I mentioned before how awesome my dad is? He really comes through when I need him.
So anyway, Daddy gave me the spare key to the car. I think it was his way of saying that he doesn't plan on making the drive the next time I lock my keys in the car. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment