I saw the Naked Cowboy on the street in Times Square. Apparently he's made a name for himself by standing in the middle of the street and playing a guitar while wearing a cowboy hat, cowboy boots, and a pair of white underwear. Tips can be put in his boots.
Toys-R-Us Times Square has an entire section devoted to Muppet stuff. I felt like the proverbial kid in the candy store. I didn't buy anything (I have a lot of it), but I seriously coveted the huge Statler and Waldorf stuffed animals. (By the way, the store also has a giant ferris wheel inside the store. That place was so cool!)
Also in Times Square, I saw this really cool billboard featuring Kermit the Frog:
It made me feel all warm and fuzzy in the middle of the bustling city.
A group of us ate lunch in Little Italy at a streetside cafe. We actually sat at a table on the sidewalk and watched all the people go by. I felt like I was almost in Italy.
I went to Saks Fifth Avenue and had my makeup done. How many people can say that?
My mom and I got lost in Central Park. You cannot imagine how huge that park is, with paths everywhere. Along the way, we ran across Trump Tower before eventually finding our way back to the hotel (which was less than two blocks from the park).
My mom and I had lunch at Rockefeller Center. The statue of Prometheus was right outside the window.
Our bus driver played a prank on one of the couples in our group. The couple was running late in Cooperstown and wasn't at the bus when we were supposed to meet, so he took out their luggage, put it on the sidewalk, and attached a note that read: "Thanks for traveling with us." When he saw them coming, he pulled the bus out of the parking lot and started to leave. We did go back to get them, but it was quite funny.
I saw a snake at Niagara Falls. All summer I've had a desire to see one (yes, I'm crazy) and haven't been able to, despite visiting my parents' farm and searching numerous times. Then, just walking along the sidewalk by the Falls, I heard a guy mention a snake and I stopped and looked and there he was. A little black and white snake, curled up just beyond the railing of the overlook on a tuft of grass. I could see him and the Falls at the same time. It was priceless.
I also saw fireworks at Niagara Falls. They were amazing, made all the more amazing by the atmosphere. Definitely a highlight.
I had breakfast at Skylon Tower, which has the best view of the Falls. We were supposed to have a buffet breakfast in their standard dining room, but they messed up our reservations and our tour group ended up having a private breakfast in the revolving dining room. We were served by waiters in tuxes, and we could look out of the window and see the falls right below us. We also had private access to the observation deck before it was bombarded by lots of international tourists.
I saw a little rabbit in the parking lot at a Perkins Restaurant in Pennsylvania. He was quite friendly and didn't mind having his picture taken at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment