Last night I had a nightmare. It wasn't really a nightmare at first, but it slowly evolved into one. I can't remember exactly how it began, but for some reason it included people I went to high school with and an overdue library book. Then in another phase of the dream, I was at a baseball game here on campus. Once again, people from high school were there but I have no idea why. And we lost the game, and I remember talking to all of these people I used to know and it was really weird. Then suddenly I found myself in a classroom, getting ready to take an exam. It was a midterm. The teacher was Mr. Toulson, who was my high school science teacher. I remember sitting there feeling confident that I would do well on the test because I had studied.
But then Mr. Toulson handed out the tests(27 questions), and I realized that this was a science test, and I had studied for a history test. I looked over the questions, and they looked really easy. Only I hadn't even glanced at the science book, so I had no idea what the easy answers were supposed to be. I just kept flipping through the pages of the test, hoping I could find something, even one question, that I knew the answer to.
In a panic, I started worrying about my academic future. Surely this would ruin my A average, I thought. It was a horrible feeling. And then, all of a sudden, it dawned on me that this was a dream and I could get out of it if I wanted. So I woke myself up. What a feeling of relief to realize it wasn't real.
The night before last I had a scary dream about Sprocket. I was carrying him into my apartment (but it was a different apartment because the landlord had made everyone move into the apartment next door to them) when a loud noise spooked him. He jumped out of my arms, ran across the street, and bolted up a tree-- a significant feat considering he has no front claws. I nearly had a fit, because I was so afraid I wouldn't be able to get him down or he'd get down and then run away and I'd never see him again. But suddenly there were people there with a ladder to rescue him. I thought they were firemen, but when I got closer to them I saw that they were from Disney World. They got him out of the tree and handed him back to me.
All these dreams are getting on my nerves. I've got a lot going on right now (which is probably why I'm dreaming) and I need my precious sleep. Waking up in the middle of the night from nightmares is not helping.
No comments:
Post a Comment