Walking up to my building this morning, I saw a baby lizard. His little body couldn't have been more than an inch long, and his tail was twice as long as the rest of him. He was a mint green color, and he looked up at me when I spotted him. I hadn't seen a lizard in a long time, and it brought me a sense of peace and happiness that I hadn't felt in a while. I've been so stressed and so absorbed in getting moved and wrapping up everything here that I've almost stopped looking for those little blessings. Thank goodness I found that little guy. Even though we were only in each other's lives for a few moments (I stood and watched him for a couple of minutes, and even remarked out loud, "Well, aren't you just the cutest thing in the world!"), seeing him made my outlook a little brighter.
No comments:
Post a Comment