Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Ain't communication grand?

Don't you just love it when people tell you what you're supposed to do? Tomorrow night I have to go to a dinner. So I am planning to be there starting at 6, when the event starts. Yesterday, in the spirit of communicating, a friend (whom I greatly admire and appreciate) warned me that apparently I'm supposed to be picking up someone and driving them to said event. She didn't know any details beyond that. Has anyone told me about this? No. The event is now tomorrow, and I still haven't been told anything about picking someone up and taking them. My friend doesn't have the power to tell me, mainly because she doesn't know any details about when and where I'd be picking the person up.

At this point, I have several scenarios playing through my head. One is that no one will ever tell me, and I'll get to the event tomorrow and somebody will ask me where the person is and I'll say "Who?" And then they'll tell me that I was supposed to pick her up and bring her, and I'll say that no one ever mentioned it to me. This is the one that I like the best, except the person will get stood up and probably be angry at somebody. The other scenario is that I will be told at the last minute, either today or tomorrow, and I will act a little peeved and say that someone should have told me sooner because I was planning to run a few errands before the event began. Which I really was planning to do, since I found out about this supposed chauffeuring gig I'm supposed to have.

Honestly, if people want me to do something, they should tell me. I do not exist to adhere to the last-minute requests of people who don't plan ahead.

In a bit of positive news, you can register here to get a free chicken sandwich and a medium coke from Chick-fil-A. I love Chick-fil-A!

No comments: