Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Ain't technology grand?

I'm so excited this morning, and it's all because of The Smurfs, My So-Called Life, and High School Musical 2. I just found out yesterday that The Smurfs are coming to DVD, and I'm very happy. I love watching the shows I liked as a kid- it takes me back in a way, plus it's really cool to watch an episode and actually remember things from when I watched it twenty years ago. A while back I watched Jem on DVD, and right now Boyfriend and I are laughing our way through the first season of GIJoe (it's so bad it's good). Anyway, I can't wait to sit down and reconnect with Gargamel, Papa Smurf, Smurfette and all the rest.

If The Smurfs weren't enough, my favorite TV show of all time is being re-released on DVD. My So-Called Life will be coming out in October, and it's supposed to have some pretty cool special features. I have the original edition that came out about five years ago, but of course I have to get this one, too.

And to top it all off, AOL is currently streaming the soundtrack to High School Musical 2. I haven't watched the movie yet, but I am not ashamed to admit that I loved the original movie and am very much looking forward to this one. I really like that AOL streams full albums; a few weeks ago I got to listen to the Flight of the Conchords ep. It makes work much more bearable.

Meanwhile, back in reality world, I have a major deadline approaching and I need to get my rear in gear. So I'll go and work on that now....while I listen to High School Musical 2 and dream of The Smurfs!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved Jem! I'll have to check out the DVD. Also, new MSCL DVDs? That's so exciting!

solla sollew said...

Jem was definitely interesting to watch. I'd forgotten that they integrated music videos in every episodes- the Misfits ones are the best! The animation of course, is horrible, but you can't help but love it!

I'm psyched about MSCL, too. It's definitely going on my birthday and Christmas wish lists!