Sprocket is doing much better now. He seems to feel okay and I can leave him free in the house again without worrying that he's going to use the entire house as a litter box. So far he's taking his medicine without much incident. He doesn't like the syringe I've had to squirt in his mouth, but if I'm able to corner him he can't put up much of a fight. I don't think he even realizes he's taking a pill twice a day, although he got tired of the wet food after about two days. Yesterday he decided he wasn't going to eat it, so I had to fish around in the food and find his pill and try to get him to take it another way. So far I'm having success with "gluing" the pill to a cat treat using a little bit of the wet cat food. The next weapon in my arsenal is a little pouch of wet food that has morsels that look big enough to hide the pill in. We still have 21 pills to go, so I'm sure I'll have to keep getting creative!
This whole experience makes me feel sort of like a mother. I know he's just a cat and having a kid is way different, but I feel all of this responsibility and it's kind of scary. I have to make sure he takes his pill. I have to watch his every move to determine how he's doing. And I have to make sure he has everything he needs to be comfortable. It's kind of scary, but I hope I'm up to the task.
1 comment:
Did you just say sprocket is "just" a cat?
Who are you and what happened to solla sollew?
Post a Comment