Thursday, September 20, 2007

Triple coupons!

Today I did something I’ve never done before. I went triple-coupon shopping at Harris Teeter. And you’ll probably think I am absolutely insane, but I had more fun than I’ve had in a long time. I do love saving money!

These are the items I bought and how much I paid for them:

Eggo Chocolate Chip Waffles (10 ct.) - $2.39 - $1.65 (coupons) = $ .74
Minute Rice - $1.99 - $1.20 (coupons) = $ .79
Nutter Butter Bars (6 ct.) – $ 2.99 - .49 (VIC) - 2.10 (coupons) = $ .25
Campbell’s Select Soups (3) – 2.49 - 1.15(VIC) - .40(coupons)= $ .94 each
Whisker Lickin’s Cat Treats - $2.49 - .30 (VIC) – 2.25 (coupons) = FREE
Scotch-Brite Erasing Pad (2 ct.) - $1.79 - .45 (VIC) – 1.50 (coupons) = FREE
Suave Shampoo - $1.19 – 1.50 (coupons) = FREE
Aquafresh Toothpaste - $2.39 – 2.25 (coupons) = $ .15
NesQuik Chocolate Milk - $1.99 - $1.50 (coupons) = $ .49

The total rang up to $24.69 before tax. Subtract VIC-card savings of $4.71 and $15.15 worth of tripled coupons, and add $.23 tax……..I paid $5.06 for everything!

I might go back again before the promotion is over- but I’m mostly out of good coupons by now. If you enjoy clipping coupons and saving money, this is definitely something I recommend. Harris Teeter runs triple coupons once every couple of months so watch your weekly sales paper! And you can have so much fun! If, of course, you are as crazy as I am.

No comments: